Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I chose New Mexico, USA pt.2 - Insight

This week I attended a New Mexico weekend workshop on film finance and distribution.

So for my second inside insight - or - what I've learned, lets begin at the end - distribution!

I would suggest worth a look for any serious independent filmmaker - http://www.thefilmcollaborative.com/

For an annual fee (I think about 350 dollars) you can have complete access to advice on film distribution - aimed really at Indie Features this seems a real resource.

I haven't used them yet so would stress I'm not endorsing them, it is a resource worth a look but, up to the individual to decide if it fits a need and provides a solution. I merely bring to your attention as a useful organisation filling a need.

What they say about themselves:
The film collaborative is the first non profit full service provider dedicated to the distribution of Independent Film including narrative features, documentaries and shorts.

Check out and I hope you find useful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peter, thanks for the mention of The Film Collaborative. We are having a launch party at the LA Film Festival on June 23 if you are attending the fest. Also, on our blog is a list of films we have recently helped negotiate distribution deals. We welcome anyone seeking distribution advice and we are very budget conscious on our rates. You can access the blog here http://bit.ly/dwz6Va

    ReplyDelete